Saturday, August 18, 2012

Happy Saturday

Rejoice . . . When? By Jerry Savelle

Verse(s): Philippians 4:4

Today's Confession: I will rejoice in the Lord always! He is making my path straight. Devotional: "Rejoice in the Lord always: and again I say, Rejoice." - Philippians 4:4

When should you rejoice? Always.

"What about this storm I'm going through?" That comes under the category of always.

"Yea, but I'm hurting. I'm miserable. I'm depressed." That still comes under the category of always. He didn't say, "Rejoice because nothing is working." Or, "Rejoice because your body is under attack." Or, "Rejoice because you don't have enough money and your spouse left you." He was saying to rejoice in those circumstances not for them.

You are not thanking God for the trials. God is not the author of trials. You are praising God in the midst of trials and adversity. Praise God anyway. You praise God and rejoice because you know that your God is turning things around. You know that whatever you are facing is only temporary. Your freedom is on the horizon. When you praise God in the middle of the trial what you are doing is confusing the devil and causing him to lose his grip on your life.

.
Daily Smile:

The Repeat Offender


A judge scowled down at a repeat offender before him. "Haven't I seen you in here many times already? And didn't I tell you that I never wanted to see you in here again?"

"Yes, Your Honor," the defendant replied. "That's exactly what I told the police officer, but he insisted I come in anyway!"

No comments:

Post a Comment