Sunday, January 6, 2013

Happy Sunday

The Blame Game
"Truthful lips endure forever, but a lying tongue lasts only a moment." - Proverbs 12:19


When Mary and Emma's mom saw the chewed up book, she con­fronted her girls.  Mary quickly pointed the finger to her little sis­ter Emma.  Emma immediately replied that her cousin Jacob did it.  Now to appreciate Emma's response you must understand that cousin Jacob lived over 2,200 miles away and was still a baby with­out teeth! As you can imagine, mom had a hard time concealing a smile. 

The blame game has a long history.  Adam blamed Eve—she was the one who gave him the fruit.  And he even blamed God.  He basically said, "If you wouldn't have put this woman here, this wouldn't have happened!" Eve, of course, blamed the snake.

Do you find yourself often trying to shift blame?  Blaming is easy, but there's honor and redemption when you take responsibility for your faults. 



"I praise loudly, I blame softly." - Catherine the Great (1729-1796)

Blame me not (poem)
You call me Master and obey me not.
You call me light and see me not.
You call me the way and walk me not.
You call me life and desire me not.
You call me fair and love me not.
You call me Rich and ask me not.
You call me Eternal and seek me not.
You call me Gracious and trust me not.
You call me Noble and serve me not.
You call me Mighty and honour me not.
You call me just and fear me not.
If I condemn you, then blame me not.
Jesus...




Daily Smile:
At his 103rd birthday party, my grandfather was asked if he planned to be around for his 104th.  "I certainly do," he replied. "Statistics show that very few people die between the ages of 103 and 104."


In The News:
Utah’s new attorney general will tolerate polygamy 
Charlie Butts   (OneNewsNow.com)

Utah's incoming attorney general plans to mimic his predecessor in one respect. John Swallow has announced his intentions on taking action concerning polygamy.

Swallow, who will be sworn into office on Monday, says he will not prosecute consenting adults involved in polygamy but will defend state law that declares the practice a felony. The Salt Lake Tribune quotes the attorney general-elect, who is a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, as saying the state does not have the resources to prosecute all those in polygamous relationships or to deal with the ripple-effect consequences.

OneNewsNow turned to Liberty Counsel founder Mat Staver for a comment on the attorney general's decision.

Staver, Mat (Liberty Counsel)"This is outrageous that the [incoming] attorney general for the state of Utah would not prosecute a known crime that has deleterious and significant harmful effects not only to those that are in the polygamous relationships but certainly to the community," he says.

"Just because this is happening in Utah in significant numbers does not mean that the attorney general should not prosecute."

Staver notes that when Utah became part of the union, it was required to change its laws permitting polygamy because that was an important issue to government leaders at the time.

"They believed that polygamous relationships would destabilize the family and undermine the very foundation of liberty," he explains.

"[John Swallow] ought to read some of that history and understand the importance of his role in making sure that families are strong, that the foundation is firm and that these polygamous, illegal and harmful acts are ultimately prosecuted according to the law."

Staver says the message it sends otherwise is that it is okay to break the law and it will encourage polygamy.


Pastor's iPad stolen while Bible was being downloaded

COVINGTON, TN (WMC-TV) -

A Tennessee pastor was sitting down to read the word of God on his iPad, when it was yanked from right out of his hands.

"We went in, heard the preacher screaming and tried to figure out what was going on with him," said Covington resident DeVante Hill.

Hill was getting lunch on Saturday when he heard a customer yell out stop, then saw a man running out of the door.

That customer was Baptist minister, Mike Melton.

Melton said the man running had just taken the iPad he'd gotten for Christmas right out of his hands. Pastor Melton said  he'd gone into McDonald's to eat lunch and use their free Wi-Fi to download the Bible onto his new iPad.

Police quickly caught up 21-year-old Sheldon Moore, who they charged with theft.

"Once they recovered it, I helped him download the find my iPad app so if this happens again, he can go back and track it down," Hill added.

Hill said criminals are becoming more brazen.

"It says they don't care about the law, don't care about their image.  They're not hiding it, they're just blatantly breaking the law and something has to be done about it," he continued.

Sheldon Moore is out of jail on bond.

No comments:

Post a Comment