1. Break Thou the Bread of Life,
      Dear Lord, to me,
    As Thou didst break the loaves
      Beside the sea;
    Beyond the sacred page
      I seek Thee, Lord;
    My spirit pants for Thee,
      O Living Word.
  2. Thou art the Bread of Life,
      O Lord, to me,
    Thy holy Word the truth
      That saveth me;
    Give me to eat and live
      With Thee above;
    Teach me to love Thy truth,
      For Thou art Love.
  3. Oh, send Thy Spirit, Lord,
      Now unto me,
    That He may touch my eyes,
      And make me see;
    Show me the truth concealed
      Within Thy Word,
    And in Thy Book revealed
      I see the Lord.
  4. Bless Thou the truth, dear Lord,
      To me, to me,
    As Thou didst bless the bread
      By Galilee;
    Then shall all bondage cease,
      All fetters fall,
    And I shall find my peace,
      My All in all.