INTRODUCTIONThough violence rages today, the saint of God can find great comfort in knowing that violence is only a temporary attribute of living. There is coming a day when violence will no longer find place amongst mankind. Isaiah relayed this truth to his people when he stated that there would come a time when “Violence shall no more be heard in thy land, wasting nor destruction within thy borders; but thou shalt call thy walls Salvation, and thy gates Praise.” Although the conditions and timing may vary for the Jews and the church of God, the reality of a future void of violence remains constant. One day, hopefully soon, each believer will find himself in the presence of the very God who will cause all violence to cease.
- (For children): One day saved people will forever be with the Lord (1 Thessalonians 4:16-17). Isaiah 9:6 calls the Lord the Prince of Peace. We will have real fulness of joy (Psalm 16:11). There will be no violence (Revelation 21:3-4).
- (For everyone): Has your life been filled with violence? Have you lost loved ones because of war or some other act that included violence? Do you look forward to a time when violence is no more?
- How is the truth that violence is temporary a blessing for the Jewish people? How is it a blessing for the church of God? What have both had in common in their histories?
- Thank the Lord that violence is temporary.
- Ask the Lord to keep you safe until the violence passes.