Thursday, April 5, 2018

Contagious Excitement

Posted  

” Though you have not seen Him, you love Him; and even though you do not see Him now, you believe in Him and are filled with an inexpressible and glorious joy, for you are receiving the end result of your faith, the salvation of your souls.” 1 Peter 1:8-9

My four year old grandson received a pet hamster for Valentine’s Day a few weeks ago.  He was ecstatic when he brought it to my house, complete with a new cage, a ball for the hamster to run around in, bedding, and food. He was beside himself with excitement as the cage was set up, and he has been simply over the moon about this hamster, lovingly name Hemi after a Hemi truck by my truck obsessed grandson, since the moment he got him.  Every day we have to take the hamster out multiple times so we can “play” with him.  As we go to the cage to get him out, my grandson always jumps up and down and exclaims with great glee, “I’m so excited, Nana!  I’m so excited that I get to play with Hemi!” His excitement is contagious!  Because he is excited, I find myself excited.  It occurred to me last night as he jumped up and down, smiling ear to ear, and talking about how excited he was to get his hamster out that I should be that excited about Christ!  Can you imagine what would happen if we were that excited about spending time with Him every day?  What if our excitement for Jesus was contagious?  How would that affect the world around us? Jesus died on the cross to save us from our sins!  He died so we could live eternally.  He died to give us abundant life, peace, joy, hope, and the most amazing example of love ever known.  How could we not be excited about that?  He’s given us the best gift ever given and that is definitely exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment