Saturday, March 23, 2013

Happy Saturday

I Will Never Let Go of Your Hand

" Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you." Hebrews 13:5b, NIV

I was sitting in a meeting this morning when a line from a song by Don Francisco came to mind. The lyrics were ‘No matter what may happen child, I’ll never let go of your hand’. A lone tear rolled down my cheek as I allowed the words to impact my heart. God was speaking to me and reminding me that I was not alone and I never had to fear being alone again. Sometimes I need to be reminded of that truth because I so easily forget. I get overwhelmed by all that is happening within and around me, and I need to hear the reassuring voice of my Heavenly Father. How grateful I am for times such as these. Perhaps you too need the reassurance of your Heavenly Father today. Please be assured that no matter how rocky the road that lays before you, our God will never forsake you or let go of your hand.

The above verse is particularly powerful when read in the Amplified version. ‘for He [God] Himself has said, I will not in any way fail you nor give you up nor leave you without support. [I will] not, [I will] not, [I will] not in any degree leave you helpless nor forsake nor let [you] down (relax My hold on you)! [Assuredly not!]’.

Three times God emphatically declares that He will not forsake us or leave us to fend on our own. It’s as if He knows that for some of us, hearing it once is not enough and He wants to ensure that we have the point. The simple truth is this - God considers us too precious, and loves us far too much, to ever relax His hold on us! Wow - what a powerful truth! God WILL NOT, WILL NOT, WILL NOT leave us helpless nor without support.

Prayer: Thank You, God, for Your promise that You will never leave or forsake me. I choose to take that truth in both hands and walk confidently into this new day before me. Whatever happens today, I don’t have to fear, because You are with me. Thank You, Father. Amen.

Today's Writer : Sue Dare



Daily Smile:
Married couples, both 60 years old, were celebrating their 35th anniversary. During their party, a fairy appeared to congratulate them and grant them each one a wish. The wife wanted to travel around the world. The fairy waved her wand and poof -- the wife had tickets in her hand for a world cruise. Next, the fairy asked the husband what he wanted. 

He said, "I wish I had a wife 30 years younger than me." 

So the fairy picked up her wand and poof -- the husband was 90.

In The News:

The Bible' Creators Deny Satan Meant to Look Like Obama
The creators of the miniseries "The Bible" and the History Channel are denying reports that the character Satan intentionally resembles President Barack Obama, Fox News reports. The couple behind the show, Mark Burnett and Roma Downey, dismissed in a statement what they called "foolish" reports: "This is utter nonsense. The actor who played Satan, Mehdi Ouzaani, is a highly acclaimed Moroccan actor. He has previously played parts in several Biblical epics -- including Satanic characters long before Barack Obama was elected as our president." Downey added: "Both Mark and I have nothing but respect and love for our president, who is a fellow Christian. False statements such as these are just designed as a foolish distraction to try and discredit the beauty of the story of the Bible." The History Channel also set out to put an end to the rumors, saying the show aims to feature "a diverse cast of respected actors." The network said in a statement: "History Channel has the highest respect for President Obama. It's unfortunate that anyone made this false connection. History's 'The Bible' is meant to enlighten people on its rich stories and deep history."

Support for Gay Marriage Grows as Supreme Court Cases Near
A new national poll reflects the continued cultural shift in attitudes toward gay marriage one week before it faces a monumental test at the Supreme Court, PBS reports. The Washington Post/ABC News survey released Monday found that 58 percent of Americans believe it should be legal for gay couples to get married. Thirty-six percent of respondents opposed making same-sex marriage legal. The survey "reflects a remarkable -- and remarkably fast -- turnabout in American public opinion one of the most emotionally raw and politically divisive issues of the past decade," according to the Washington Post. It also found a "broader shift in American attitudes about homosexuality. ... Two decades ago, fewer than half of all Americans said being gay was an identity people are born with, not a choice; today, a sizable majority, 62 percent, says so." Among certain demographic groups, the survey revealed dramatic splits on the issue: voters ages 18-29 support legalizing gay marriage 81 percent to 15 percent; non-white voters support legalizing gay marriage 61 to 32 percent; and college-educated whites support legalizing gay marriage 65 to 29 percent. All of these constituencies have favored Democrats in national elections.

No comments:

Post a Comment