Saturday, February 24, 2018

Wanting Him More Than Anything

by shani4jc
“Help me want the Healer more than the healing; help me want the Savior more than the saving; help me want the Giver more than the giving; help me want You, Jesus, more than anything...”
This is the chorus to “More Than Anything” by Natalie Grant. I wonder how many of us are guilty of seeking what Jesus can do for us rather than seeking Him. I wonder how much intimacy with Him we have sacrificed because we are seeking what He can do instead of who He is. It’s easy to get caught up with the attitude that God is a genie in a bottle just waiting to grant us our wishes. But, when we live with that expectation, we rob ourselves of truly knowing Him. Knowing Him intimately is priceless! There is nothing that He can do for you that compares to the fact that He desires to reveal Himself to you. When you find Him, you have found all you will ever need.

No comments:

Post a Comment