Saturday, June 16, 2012

Happy Saturday

SOW IN TEARS - REAP IN JOY
By ROBERT E. HANNA, Pastor

"Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution" (II Timothy 3:12). As we labor for God, we shall inevitably suffer. It is our lot as servants in the ministry of His gospel. The Apostle Paul, our instructor and our example, testifies of his own suffering as he "goeth forth and weepeth, bearing precious seed": "Of the Jews five times received I forty stripes save one. Thrice was I beaten with rods, once was I stoned, thrice I suffered shipwreck, a night and a day have I been in the deep; in journeyings often, in perils of robbers, in perils by mine own countrymen, in perils by the heathen, in perils in the city, in perils in the wilderness, in perils in the sea, in perils among false brethren; In weariness and painfulness, in watchings often, in hunger and thirst, in fastings often, in cold and nakedness" (II Corinthians 11:24-27).

However, like the Psalmist, one may well conclude that the sower "shall doubtless come again with rejoicing, bringing his sheaves with him." Paul declares, "I will not glory, but in mine infirmities .. .I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake ... " (II Corinthians 12:5b, 10a). To the saints under his ministry, the apostle affirms, "For what is our hope, or joy, or crown of rejoicing'? Are not even ye in the presence of our Lord Jesus Christ at His coming'? For ye are our glory and joy" (I Thessalonians 2:19, 20). Paul bore his precious seed to the hearers of his gospel, the gospel of the grace of God. And the seed bore fruit to the glory of God. Thus he could boldly declare, "I have finished my course, I have kept the faith" (11 Timothy 4:7b). 





Daily Smile: 
Top Ten Things You'll Never Hear a Dad Say

10. Well, how 'bout that?... I'm lost! Looks like we'll have to stop and ask for directions.

9. You know Pumpkin, now that you're thirteen, you'll be ready for unchaperoned car dates. Won't that be fun?

8. I noticed that all your friends have a certain "up yours" attitude ... I like that.

7. Here's a credit card and the keys to my new car -- GO CRAZY.

6. What do you mean you wanna play football? Figure skating not good enough for you, son?

5. Your Mother and I are going away for the weekend ... you might want to consider throwing a party.

4. Well, I don't know what's wrong with your car. Probably one of those doo-hickey thingies -- you know -- that makes it run or something. Just have it towed to a mechanic and pay whatever he asks.

3. No son of mine is going to live under this roof without an earring -- now quit your belly-aching, and let's go to the mall.

2. Whaddya wanna go and get a job for? I make plenty of money for you to spend.

1. Father's Day? aahh -- don't worry about that -- it's no big deal.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment