Sunday, July 29, 2012

Happy Sunday

Order

"Dominion and awe belong to God; he establishes order in the heights of heaven." Job 25:2, NIV

God is a God of order. He established order in heaven. He establishes order for worship. God values order. He brings blessing where there is order.

We’ve recently been working in our offices to bring order to areas that have been neglected, due to our busy schedules. It’s amazing how much we hold onto just because it’s easier than throwing it away. But as we clear the office of things we no longer need, the environment is cleaner and more peaceful and easier to work in.

It’s this way in our lives, as well. Sometimes we choose to not deal with issues in our lives because it’s easier to ignore them. But what we don't realize is that these things are cluttering up our lives just as much as the pieces of paper clutter up our offices, when we don't deal with them on a daily basis. God wants us to bring order into our lives so we can live the full lives He’s planned for us, unencumbered by the hurts and sins of our past.

The good news is that today we can start the clean-up process. It takes time, but God is faithful to help us sort through all the things that are cluttering up our lives. Won't you take time to talk to Him today and ask Him to reveal to you the things that He wants you to get out of your life?

Prayer: Lord, forgive me for allowing the busyness of life to keep me from the time I need with You and allowing my life to become cluttered. Would You please show me the areas that You want me to address in my life. Would You please help me to bring Your order into my life, that I may live the life that You want me to live? Thank You for Your grace to do this. Amen.

Today's Writer : Tanya Person

Daily Smile:

A wealthy lawyer


One afternoon, a wealthy lawyer was riding in the back of his limousine when he saw two men eating grass by the road side. He ordered his driver to stop and he got out to investigate. "Why are you eating grass?", he asked one man.

"We don't have any money for food.", the poor man replied.

"Oh, come along with me then."

"But sir, I have a wife with two children!"

"Bring them along! And you, come with us too!", he said to the other man.

"But sir, I have a wife with six children!" the second man answered.

"Bring them as well!"

They all climbed into the car, which was no easy task, even for a car as large as the limo.

Once underway, one of the poor fellows says, "Sir, you are too kind. Thank you for taking all of us with you."

The lawyer replied, "No problem, the grass at my home is about two feet tall."
NOTICE:
     The August '12 edition of The StarLight News is ready to read on line... Go To http://the-starlight-news.blogspot.com/
Happy Reading,
Richard

No comments:

Post a Comment