Sunday, September 23, 2012

Happy Sunday

Never Happened by Pastor Bill

Scripture: John 3:16 "For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." KJV

The prisoner spoke: "I've never peddled drugs, I've never cheated on my income tax, I've never beaten my wife, I've never ---"

"Wait a minute," the prosecutor interrupted, "Did you or did you not rob the bank?"

"Well, I give blood to the Red Cross, I've served in the army, I gave money to the flood and tornado victims, and I --- "

"Wait a minute. Did you or did you not rob the bank" 


 "Yes, but I've done so many good things!"

One day you and I will stand before a judge and we may defend ourselves with  at least 8 "I" statements:

  I never robbed anyone I never murdered anyone 

  I was a good provider for my family I helped the poor every chance 
  I got I was an upstanding citizen and voted every election 
  I may have done a few bad things, but so did everyone else 
  I went to church at least twice a month and a few Wednesdays 
  I think I'm about 3% guilty for my entire lifetime on earth and that ain't bad

And  the Judge will say as in James 2:10: "For the person who keeps all of the laws except one is as guilty as a person who has broken all of God's laws" NLT

When I accepted the sacrifice of Jesus on the cross for my sins --- my sins were washed away by his shed blood and became as though they never happened.

Angus Buchan of "Faith Like Potatoes" fame puts it this way: "Good People don't go to heaven, BELIEVERS go to heaven!"

Prayer: Father thank you for the good news of Jesus Christ dying for my sins and making them as though they never happened. In the name of the Lord Jesus Christ. Amen!


Editor's Note:
     No Daily Smile... 
    No In the News... 
    I Have Just One Question To Ask You Today...



If Not, JESUS is Calling You Today...

Softly and Tenderly Jesus Is Calling

Text: Will L. Thompson
Music: Will L. Thompson
Tune: THOMPSON, Meter: 11 7.11 7 with Refrain

1. Softly and tenderly Jesus is calling, 
 calling for you and for me; 
 see, on the portals he's waiting and watching, 
 watching for you and for me. 
Refrain:
 Come home, come home; 
 ye who are weary come home; 
 earnestly, tenderly, Jesus is calling, 
 calling, O sinner, come home! 

2. Why should we tary when Jesus is pleading, 
 pleading for you and for me? 
 Why should we linger and heed not his mercies, 
 mercies for you and for me? 
 (Refrain) 

3. Time is now fleeting, the moments are passing, 
 passing from you and from me; 
 shadows are gathering, deathbeds are coming, 
 coming for you and for me. 
 (Refrain) 

4. O for the wonderful love he has promised, 
 promised for you and for me! 
 Though we have sinned, he has mercy and pardon, 
 pardon for you and for me. 
 (Refrain) 


No comments:

Post a Comment