Thursday, September 27, 2012

Happy Thursday

Just A Closer Walk With Thee Hymn

I am weak, but Thou art strong;
Jesus, keep me from all wrong;
I’ll be satisfied as long
As I walk, let me walk close to Thee.

Refrain

Just a closer walk with Thee,
Grant it, Jesus, is my plea,
Daily walking close to Thee,
Let it be, dear Lord, let it be.

Through this world of toil and snares,
If I falter, Lord, who cares?
Who with me my burden shares?
None but Thee, dear Lord, none but Thee.

Refrain

When my feeble life is o’er,
Time for me will be no more;
Guide me gently, safely o’er
To Thy kingdom shore, to Thy shore.

Refrain



The greatest verse: to be used by God
by sumner wemp

Obey, thyself Luke 5:5
"He said unto Simon, Launch out into the deep and let down your nets for a draught. And Simon answering said unto him, Master, we have toiled all the night and have taken another; nevertheless at thy word, I will let down the net" Luke 5:5. By obeying, Peter caught the biggest catch of his life. You will too!

The greatest verse
"At thy word, I will." What a way to live. Obey God! Too many walk by feeling. They live on, "When I get the urge, I will." Their songs are , "Stir me O God" or "Give me a passion for souls dear Lord." Don't say, At thy urge I will but at Thy word I will. "To obey is better than sacrifice" 1 Sam 15:22.

Do what?
"Follow me and I will make you fishers of men" Matt 4:19. "We are no longer fishers of men but keepers of aquariums" in most churches today. "Ye shall receive power after that the Holy Spirit is come upon you and ye shall be witnesses unto me" Acts 1:8. "Most are not witnesses, they are judges." "The early church gathered to worship and scattered to witness." They obeyed God and turned the world upside down. Acts 17:6. "Preach the gospel to every creature" Mk 16:15. When was the last time you preached, shared, the gospel with someone out in the world?

The world is going to hell
What are you doing about it? "Why call ye me Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?" Luke 6:46. Read the Word of God. 1 Peter 2:2. "Men ought always to pray" Luke 18:1. "Preach the gospel to every creature" Mk 16:15. "Forsake not the assembling of yourselves together" Heb 10:25. "Encourage one another daily" Heb 3:13. "Honor the Lord with thy substance" Prov 3:8. Be Balanced, Brother, Be Balanced.

Dear people, make this you motto,"At Thy word, I WILL." This is, by far, the most important verse for Christians to live by. It is transforming.

Father, Thou art God. There is no other God. What a sin not to obey You. May it be our desire and determination that at thy word I will. In Jesus name.



Daily Smile:

Too Many Hypocrites

Preacher: “How come I never see you in church anymore, Morris?”

Morris: “There are too many hypocrites there, Reverend.”

Preacher: “Don't worry, Morris; there's always room for one more.”


In The News:


Extremist Hindus Rout Christians from Rural Indian Village
Hindus twice assaulted a Christian community in a rural India village early this month, beating believers, forcing them into Hindu worship rituals and damaging their homes, Open Doors News reports. The Sunday worship meeting was underway Sept. 2 in the home of a new Christian, Daminbai Sahu, in Bhanpuri, a village in the Balod district of India's state of Chhattisgarh. Witnesses said a group of villagers stormed into the house and beat several of the people attending the meeting, including a visiting pastor identified only as Dada. The attackers accused Dada of forcefully converting Hindus to Christianity and dragged him out of the house. As hundreds gathered around the commotion, the extremists ordered Dada out of the village and threatened to kill him if he returned, then forced believers to renounce their faith in Christ late in the night. The following night at 11 p.m., about 600 Hindu extremists stormed the houses of five Christian families, calling them "pagans" and accusing them of trying to forcefully convert Hindus to Christianity. They broke doors, damaged the houses and household items, witnesses said. Believers fled to the village of Balod, where they found refuge with other Christians. They filed a complaint with police, but police refused to register a formal report of the incident.

Report: Restrictions on Religious Freedom Increasing Worldwide
Religious believers throughout the world face a rising tide of restrictions, according to a new study by the Pew Forum on Religion & Public Life released Sept. 20, the Religion News Service reports. Pew tracked religious freedoms denied by governments and cultural authorities, and found that in the one-year period ending in mid-2010, 75 percent of the world's population lived in a nation with high or very high restrictions on religious beliefs or practices. A previous Pew study on the subject found that 70 percent of the world lived under religious restrictions. The researchers found increasing intolerance in every region of the world; government and social restrictions on religious freedom particularly tightened in the Middle East, North Africa, Europe and sub-Sarahan Africa. Globally, restrictions increased not only in countries that already afforded few protections for religious freedom, such as Nigeria and Indonesia, but also in countries where citizens have generally enjoyed a high degree of religious liberty, such as Switzerland and the U.S.



Are Your Registered To Vote???


No comments:

Post a Comment