Sunday, October 14, 2012

Happy Sunday

Never Alone

I’ve seen the lightning flashing, I’ve heard the thunder roll.
I’ve felt sin’s breakers dashing, which almost conquered my soul.
I’ve heard the voice of my Savior, bidding me still to fight on.
He promised never to leave me, never to leave me alone!

   Refrain
   No, never alone, no never alone,
   He promised never to leave me,
   He’ll claim me for His own;
   No, never alone, no never alone.
   He promised never to leave me,
   Never to leave me alone.

The world’s fierce winds are blowing, temptation sharp and keen.
I have a peace in knowing my Savior stands between—
He stands to shield me from danger when my friends are all gone.
He promised never to leave me, never to leave me alone!

   Refrain
   No, never alone, no never alone,
   He promised never to leave me,
   He’ll claim me for His own;
   No, never alone, no never alone.
   He promised never to leave me,
   Never to leave me alone.  


When in affliction’s valley I tread the road of care,
My Savior helps me carry the cross so heavy to bear;
Though all around me is darkness, earthly joys all flown;
My Savior whispers His promise, never to leave me alone!

   Refrain
   No, never alone, no never alone,
   He promised never to leave me,
   He’ll claim me for His own;
   No, never alone, no never alone.
   He promised never to leave me,
   Never to leave me alone.


He died on Calvary’s mountain, for me they piercèd His side.
For me He opened that fountain, the crimson, cleansing tide.
For me He waiteth in glory, seated upon His throne.
He promised never to leave me, never to leave me alone!

   Refrain
   No, never alone, no never alone,
   He promised never to leave me,
   He’ll claim me for His own;
   No, never alone, no never alone.
   He promised never to leave me,
   Never to leave me alone.

Walking with God
Therefore, my dear brothers, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain. - 1 Corinthians 15:58

King Saul had a fantastic start in life. He wasn't seeking to be king of Israel, but when he was chosen, he accepted it as a call from God and got under way with the job. When Saul was anointed king, 1 Samuel 10:9 says, "God changed Saul's heart," and he began to demonstrate many wonderful qualities early in his reign.

When public announcement was made of his appointment, some people despised him and publicly humiliated him. But instead of flying into a rage and defending his wounded ego, he held his peace. And when the people of Jabesh-Gilead were threatened, he called Israel together, led them in battle, and delivered his brothers out of the hand of their oppressors. After he had led the army to victory, he gave the glory to God and forgave those who had mocked his leadership.

Saul started out as a man of humility, mercy, and courage. But a day came when his heart turned away from the Lord. Of course it didn't happen all at once, and that's just the point. The most important day in your Christian life is today. You may have gotten off to a great start when you gave your life to Christ a few years back, but what are you going to do today? Will you make time for personal fellowship with the Lord today? Will you share your faith with a friend today? Will you trust God to carry you through the difficult circumstances today?Prayer
Lord, please give me Your strength to walk today in fellowship with You. Amen.

"Encourage one another daily as long as it is called Today, so that none of you may be hardened by sin's deceitfulness" (Hebrews 3:13).





Daily Smile: Kids Jokes

Why does a chicken coop have two doors ? 

Because if had four doors it would be a chicken sedan! 

and

What do you get if you cross a parrot with a woodpecker ? 

A bird that talks in morse code ! 


In The News:


Thousands March in Memory of Christian Massacre in Egypt
Thousands of Egyptian protesters marched Tuesday in Cairo to mark one year since the Maspero Massacre, when nearly 30 people were killed in a Coptic Christian demonstration that was violently crushed by security forces, International Christian Concern reports. "The victims of the massacre are described ... as martyrs," Egypt Independent reported. "Among [Coptic Christians], this language of martyrdom has a particular resonance, rooted in a history of struggle as the practitioners of a minority faith in Egypt." Most of the victims' families, however, have yet to see justice: "The Egyptian authorities have failed to conduct a full impartial and independent investigation into the circumstances of the violence and to bring those responsible to account," according to Amnesty International. The massacre on Oct. 9, 2011, later dubbed "Bloody Sunday," marked the largest attack on Egyptian Christians in recent memory and the worst violence in the country since the overthrow of president Hosni Mubarak in February 2011.

Abortion the Primary Issue for One in Six Voters
According to a new Gallup poll, nearly one in 10 registered voters in America say they will only support pro-life candidates who share their position on abortion, a number that is larger than the corresponding data for pro-choice voters, Baptist Press reports. Specifically, 9 percent of registered voters say they will only support pro-life candidates who oppose abortion while 7 percent of all voters say they will only back pro-choice candidates who support legalized abortion. In total, about one in six voters in America are single-issue voters on abortion. Gallup's Lydia Saad called it a "slight pro-life tilt, albeit one that could potentially benefit pro-life Republican candidate Mitt Romney." Gallup historical data shows the issue has benefited pro-life candidates in every presidential election dating back to 1996, with pro-lifers ahead by 2 percentage points in every election except for 2004, when 12 percent of voters said they'd only support pro-life candidates and 5 percent said they'd only support pro-choice ones. In 2008, the issue favored pro-lifers, 7 percent to 5 percent.




Presidential Election  
Tuesday, November 6th 


No comments:

Post a Comment