Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Happy Tuesday


When You feel Down
"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God." Philippians 4:6 NIV

Some time ago, a friend of mine told me this interesting story. He described a time when life had been quite a struggle for him. He had been feeling very discouraged and low in mood and this wasn’t just temporary- it had continued for months.

He decided to keep a notebook and every night to write down three things he was thankful for. At first it was a bit of an effort to think of things, but he discovered that he could always find something eventually.

After doing this for several weeks, one day he picked up his notebook and, starting at the beginning, he read all the things he had written. He says it had a surprising effect of lifting his mood. “After all,” he said to himself, “if all these good things have happened to me already, why shouldn’t I expect more good things to happen in the future?” Before long, as he continued to write his three things every day, he began to feel back to normal again.

At the time he told me this, I was struggling with things myself, so I thought I might try doing the same. And do you know – it really worked!

I suppose I shouldn’t have been surprised, because being thankful is part of God’s solution to the problems and worries of our lives, as today’s verse reminds us.

Why not give it a try yourself?

Prayer – Heavenly Father, thank You for the wonderful promises in Your Word about Your love and care for me. Thank You for all the things in my life that are good. Thank You for the things You have given me and done for me. Please help me to think of things to thank You for every day. In Jesus’ name, Amen.
Today's Writer : Grace Marshall

Why me, Lord?
Why me, Lord?
What have I ever done to deserve
Even one of the pleasures I've known?
Tell me, Lord
What did I ever do to deserve loving
You And the kindness You've shown?

Lord, help me Jesus, I've wasted it
So help me Jesus, You know what I am
Now that I know that I've needed You
So help me Jesus, my soul's in Your hand

Try me, Lord
If You think there's a way I can ever repay
All I've taken from You Maybe Lord
I can show someone else what I've been through myself
On my way back to You

Lord, help me Jesus, I've wasted it
So help me, Jesus, You know what I am
Now that I know that I've needed You
So help me Jesus, my soul's in Your hand
Jesus, my soul's in Your hand


Why Me LORD sung by George Jones
The legendary George Jones passed away last Friday (April 26) at the age of 81, leaving behind a towering musical legacy of more than five decades. Now, the iconic entertainer’s cause of death has been revealed.


Daily Smile:
Jeb and Jethro live in the hills, about 5 miles outside of town. Jeb asks Jethro to go in to town to pick up some lumber. Jethro walks the 5 miles to town to the local lumberyard.

"Jeb says we're gonna need some 4 x 2's" Jethro tells the yardman.


"Do you mean 2 x 4's?" asks the yardman.


"Well, I don't rightly know, I better go ask Jeb" says Jethro and walks the 10 miles to the hills and back to town.


"Jeb says we're gonna need 2 x 4's" Jethro tells the yardman.


"Now, how many 2 x 4's will you need?" asks the yardman.


"Well, I don't rightly know, I better go ask Jeb." says Jethro, and again walks the 10 miles to the hills and back to town.


"Jeb says were gonna need about 40 of 'em" Jethro tells the yardman.


"Now, how long will you need them?" asks the yardman.


"Well, I don't rightly know, I better go ask Jeb" says Jethro and yet again walks the 10 miles to the hills and back to town.


Upon returning Jethro says to the yardman, "Jeb says you better give 'em to us for a while . . . we're gonna build a barn."


In The News:

Obama Pledges Full Support to Planned Parenthood; Blasts Abortion Restrictions

President Says Lawmakers Who Aim to Restrict Abortion Are 'Turning Back the Clock'

  • Obama
    (Photo: REUTERS/Mike Theiler)
    U.S. President Barack Obama speaks at the Planned Parenthood National Conference at the Marriott Wardman Park Hotel in Washington, April 26, 2013.

By Melissa Barnhart , CP Contributor
April 27, 2013|11:15 am

President Barack Obama spoke Friday morning at the Planned Parenthood conference in Washington, D.C., and apologized to the audience for missing their wild party at Thursday night's gala and fundraiser. Obama is the first sitting president to speak to the organization that, as of Jan. 1, requires all of its affiliate clinics to provide abortion services.

In his speech, the president chastised members of Congress who want to end federal funding for Planned Parenthood and expressed his disapproval of state legislatures that have voted to place restrictions on abortion. Obama vowed to Planned Parenthood supporters that as long as he's in the White House, "you've got a president who's going to be right here with you, fighting every step of the way."

"After decades of progress, there's still politicians who want to roll back the clock," said Obama, who later joked that states' actions that place restrictions on abortion makes "you want to check your calendar to make sure you're living in 2013."
Citing examples of restrictions on abortion, Obama noted that in 42 states, legislators are considering laws that either would place further limits on abortion based on a baby's gestational age, or by enacting health and safety standards that Planned Parenthood believes are aimed at putting abortion clinics out of business.

"In North Dakota, they just passed a law that outlaws abortion after six weeks," the president said.
Obama also spoke to the audience about the Affordable Care Act, also known as Obamacare, and told Planned Parenthood employees that he wants them to promote the program, especially to young girls, and to get them signed up on a health care plan. He also thanked the organization for campaigning for his re-election and for promoting Obamacare.
Follow us 
Not everyone is pleased with Obama's decision to speak at the conference, especially following the discovery of health and safety violations at Planned Parenthood clinics and the "House of Horrors" trial of abortionist Kermit Gosnell.
"It's outrageous that President Obama addressed the Planned Parenthood gathering Friday morning, at a time when Planned Parenthood has been exposed for having known about the Gosnell horrors, yet took no action to report this abuse of women and babies," said Maureen Ferguson, senior policy adviser for The Catholic Association, in a statement shared with CP.

"Planned Parenthood is under fire for dreadful conditions at their own clinics, and was recently disgraced by their lobbyist in Florida for defending infanticide," she added. "This is not surprising, however, given Obama's record as State Senator Obama, when he defended the practice of late-term abortion and voted three times against legislation to protect babies born alive after a botched abortion."

Planned Parenthood spent $15 million to campaign for Obama's re-election, and out of that, in 2012, just under $5 million went toward advertising and other campaign activities to oppose his challenger, Mitt Romney.

No comments:

Post a Comment