Sunday, May 19, 2013

Happy Sunday

Politically Incorrect 
by Michael Ford Th.D

In the fifth chapter of Isaiah is what I call the Song of the Vineyard. It has within the chapter the pronouncement of six woes. It is the fourth of these woes that is probably the best known:
"Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!" (verse 20).


Hard on the heels of that one is the fifth woe:
"Woe unto them that are wise in their own eyes, and prudent in their own sight!" (verse 21).


When I was thinking on recent events, with Christians being slandered and spoken ill of for opposing sin, verse twenty came back to mind. Stopping to reread the chapter, a statement in the passage, I had forgotten, seemed to shine out from the page at me: "Which justify the wicked for reward, and take away the righteousness of the righteous from him!" (22).


How have things changed! At one time I was assured of being arrested should my country be overcome by a foreign atheistic, communist invader. The reasons would be simple. I was a preacher; had served in the military, and been a lawman; not to mention been a teacher. All of these are reasons for arrest by communists when they invade a country. Now because I am a conservative preacher and a veteran I find myself characterized as a hatemonger and potential terrorist in the same society I had served!


What a strange time it is! Believing the Bible and proclaiming what it says is considered hate speech, when following the precepts of God's word will make a nation strong and keep a people free. Just a few days ago I heard a man say that the meaning placed on many words these days reminded him of Orwell's book titled "1984" where the meaning placed on words meant the opposite of what they had meant. And other words could not be used because they were unacceptable or politically incorrect.


I Am Resolved
I am resolved no longer to linger,
Charmed by the world’s delight,
Things that are higher, things that are nobler,
These have allured my sight.
Refrain

I will hasten to Him, hasten so glad and free;
Jesus, greatest, highest, I will come to Thee.
I will hasten, hasten to Him, hasten so glad and free;
Jesus, Jesus, greatest, highest, I will come to Thee.

I am resolved to go to the Savior,
Leaving my sin and strife;
He is the true One, He is the just One,
He hath the words of life.

Refrain

I am resolved to follow the Savior,
Faithful and true each day;
Heed what He sayeth, do what He willeth,
He is the living Way.

Refrain

I am resolved to enter the kingdom
Leaving the paths of sin;
Friends may oppose me, foes may beset me,
Still will I enter in.

Refrain

I am resolved, and who will go with me?
Come, friends, without delay,
Taught by the Bible, led by the Spirit,
We’ll walk the heav’nly way.

Refrain



Daily Smile:
A lawyer was cross-examining the doctor about whether or not he had checked the pulse of the deceased before he signed the death certificate. "No," the doctor said. "I did not check his pulse." 


"And did you listen for a heartbeat?" asked the lawyer.

"No I did not," the doctor said. 

"So," said the lawyer, "when you signed the death certificate, you had not taken steps to make sure he was dead." 

The doctor said, "Well, let me put it this way. The man's brain was in a jar on my desk but, for all I know, he could be out practicing law somewhere."

No comments:

Post a Comment