Saturday, September 28, 2013

Happy Saturday

Let Go!
 "Let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles." Hebrews 12:1. NIV
 
   I was driving along a country lane recently when I came across a bird of prey in the middle of the road, feasting on the remains of a dead rabbit. The bird tried to fly out of danger with the rabbit in its talons, but it was not able to take off quickly enough while carrying such a weight. It was obviously very reluctant to leave its meal behind, but finally, with my car nearly upon it, it abandoned the dead rabbit and flew off out of danger.

   It made me think of how often we put ourselves at risk because we’re reluctant to let go of the things our carnal nature wants to hang on to. Romans 8:13 tells us: ‘If you live by the carnal nature you will die.’ The bird nearly lost its life because it wouldn’t let go. When we hold on to the things our flesh desires, which may be besetting sins, worldly pleasures and greed or lust of any kind, we can separate ourselves from God and the blessings that He has for us. We may also put ourselves in danger as we open ourselves up to the enemy to have a foothold in our lives.

    Are you holding on to anything today that is jeopardising your walk with God? Is there something that God has been asking you to let go of? Let’s resolve to do as the writer of Hebrews urges, and ‘throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles.’ 

 
Prayer: Lord, please forgive me for holding on to things that hinder my walk with You. Help me to let go of everything that is holding me back from fullness of life in You. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.

Today's Writer : Jilly Lyon Taylor


Editor's Note:
What is hindering your walk with JESUS??? 

What is keeping you from submitting 100%???


You may be in the church every time the door opens, but still be missing that life changing walk with JESUS...

You may have walked the aisle as a youth, but memories of the past keep you and your family from church...

You Feel Out Of Touch... 

You no longer feel GOD'S Presence... Guess What??? GOD Didn't move...

You claim to be a Christian, but there is still a void within...


MAYBE, you base your Salvation on JESUS + What you can do to be saved... After all, this is what you were taught as a child... If this is the case, then you have watered down what JESUS did when HE died on the cross...






John 14:6  Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him.   (KJV)


John 3:16  For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
9  And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.
20  For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.
21  But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.
(KJV)


BUT You are saying, "GOD, I appreciate you sending JESUS to die for me on the cross, but I feel that this was just not enough and for me to really be saved, then I must do (fill in the blanks) _______, _______ and _______... Then???

I based my Salvation on my belief in JESUS, The Risen Savior, that HE was born of a virgin, lived a sinless life and died on the cross and took on all my sins, paying the price for once and always, but died on the cross for the Billions that will never accept HIM... After Crucifixation, HE rose from the grave three (3) days later, something no other god(s) of this world can claim... Other than accept JESUS as My One and Only Savior there is absolutely nothing else I can do to save myself... HE DID IT ALL...

Mat 7:13  Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:
14  Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
15  Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.
 

Broad is the path that the LOST of the World walk... Oblivious of the fate that waits for them with their finally breath... There are Millions that CLAIM to be a Christian, but believe the LIES of the False Teachers that sprinkled with a little truth adds a sense of reality to the lies that guide them away from the extremely narrow path of True Salvation... They never realize or question the path they walk, they have believed the lies so long that it is no longer necessary to sprinkle truth within... They walk the broad path rejoicing, still believing that they are on the right path and everyone else is headed to HELL... 

Mat 7:21  Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
22  Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
23  And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.
 


Sorry 'bout that... Went from a short note to preaching... ((Smile)) Digest what I have said... I welcome you comments... Stareditor70427@yahoo.com

Have A Blessed Day,
Richard



No comments:

Post a Comment