Friday, May 2, 2014

Christ In You!

"Why do you call me, 'Lord, Lord,' and do not do what I say?" - Luke 6:46
Jesus was a man of action, and His actions never failed to communicate the great desire and heart of God toward His people.

There is no greater example of this than in Mark 11:15-17: On reaching
Jerusalem, Jesus entered the temple area and began driving out those who were buying and selling there.  He overturned the tables of the money changers and the benches of those selling doves, and would not allow anyone to carry merchandise through the temple courts.  and as he taught them, He said, "Is it not written: 'My house will be called a house of prayer for all nations'?  But you have made it 'a den of robbers.'"

Can you picture the scene? The
house of God had actually become a hindrance to those seeking God. Jesus came in and started turning over tables and cash registers, and told people to get out. He took drastic action, because anything that would keep people from finding salvation in the true and living God must be dealt with.

This is true of our lives as well. God wants us to be like salt, making people thirsty for God. And He wants us to be channels through which His
living water can flow and quench the spiritual thirst of others.

Christian
, does your life attract others to Christ, or have you become like the temple of Jesus' day, full of commerce and religious activity, but void of any spiritual dimension and appeal?  If some major housecleaning needs to be done, why not invite the Lord of action to take over and get started on it today?

Prayer

Lord, if there's anything in my life right now that is hindering Your witness, please sweep it away. Amen.


When was the last time someone sought you out to talk about spiritual things? 

Today's Devotional has given me a lot to think about... Is my life like salt that will make another person thirst for Christ 24/7... 

What I want to say would be about me, but as I read them again, I feel it is as if I am pointing a finger at you and this is not my intention...

"I" have been a Born-again Christian for over 50 years and even in the latter years, I still find it difficult to be the salt 24/7... I would like to live a perfect life, but this title will only be worn by one and HIS Name Was JESUS... I don't want to come across to anyone as "Holier Than Thou" because I am not... 

Each and every encounter I make with others, whether they are talking with me face to face or I am being watched by someone that is waiting to see me make a mistake, to fail, To SIN or how I will react to things of this world... 

satan and his demons have had 1,000s of years practice in developing the art of temptation to sidetrack, setback and misalign the Christian at a time in which what they say or do could be crucial to what a non-believer or another of a differing Denomination would perceive... 

Guard your words and actions as I try to do daily... Realize that for some, as we go through this life, we may be the only BIBLE that someone will read... 

Happy Friday,
Richard
P.S. Your prayers are always appreciated...


 

No comments:

Post a Comment