Friday, May 30, 2014

Success Challenge

by Pastor Bill

Scripture: Isaiah 26:12a
"Lord, all our success is because of what you have done" NCV

Seasons and preparations are two powerful words that help define ones purpose in the Kingdom of God. Seasons speak about a period of time --- Preparation tells us that there is an assignment just ahead.

Major developments in the seasons of my life --- like a broken neck in a car accident season --- or the raising four children season --- helped me learn how Jesus defines  success.

Preparation for a future Kingdom assignment was a daily grind kind of event. Just me thanking Jesus everyday for small successes in life.

Preparation included asking for answers to prayer --- like "help my son Greg excel in his career." Or "Lord we need a good car for our daughter Jennifer to get to school and back." Or "Lord give us wisdom as a door is closing in this job and a new one is needed that is better financially and allows more family time." Or "Lord help me build a stronger bond of love and respect with Carol."

Looking back there were exceptional times,  good times, sad times and the really bad times. But through them all it was thanking Jesus for the daily successes that made all the difference.

Here are a few prayer examples of thanking Jesus for the successes I am grateful for today:

Jesus --- Thank you for the time Carol and I spent shopping for new jeans.

Jesus --- Thank you for the car cutting me offso I could learn patience.

Jesus --- Thank you for doing math problems with my granddaughter Sarah.

Each day Jesus provides success moments in this season of my life in preparation for the next season in my life.

What Jesus success did you have today? --- Don't forget to thank him.

Prayer: Father thank you that Jesus is always at work in my life with daily successes preparing me for Kingdom work. In the name of the Lord Jesus Christ. Amen!

Happy Friday,
Richard

No comments:

Post a Comment