Sunday, June 22, 2014

Don't Get Stuck


Good and upright is the Lord; therefore he instructs sinners in his ways. He guides the humble in what is right and teaches them his way. - Psalm 25:8-9 
 
Have you ever strayed from the Lord and wandered down the wrong path? John O’Neil of Huntington, New York has.
 
The 73 year-old man left a bar late one night in February and walked down a very narrow opening between two buildings. Unfortunately for Mr. O’Neil, there wasn’t enough space to accommodate him and he got stuck. He was wedged so tightly between the buildings that he could not move and spent the night waiting for help. In the morning, the Fire Department was summoned and had to pluck Mr. O’Neil from above. 
 
When we take our eyes off the Lord, we can very easily get ourselves stuck in a place where we don’t want to be. That is why it is so important that God is the focus of all we do.
 
I challenge you today to assess your direction. Is God at the center of your life and are you allowing Him to direct your path? If you are not, I urge you to do so before you get yourself stuck in a very undesirable place.  
 
“Every day, I find countless opportunities to decide whether I will obey God and demonstrate my love for Him or try to please myself or the world system. God is waiting for my choices.” -Bill Bright (1921-2003)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment