Sunday, June 15, 2014

Faithful in Your Words

Devotions taken from the messages of Adrian Rogers.
BIBLE MEDITATION:
"But above all things, my brethren, swear not, neither by heaven, neither by the earth, neither by any other oath: but let your yea be yea; and your nay, nay; lest ye fall into condemnation." James 5:12

DEVOTIONAL THOUGHT:
In June we take time to focus on fathers, and I've discovered in talking with teenagers that many of them harbor bitterness and resentment. Much of that resentment is directed toward their fathers over the serious matter of broken promises.

If you're a dad who wants to restore your relationship with your teenager, one of the best things you can do is to remember those broken promises. Then go and say to them with a remorseful spirit, "I've asked God to forgive me, and I want you to forgive me." Then ask this question, "Have I ever made a promise to you that I've failed to keep? If so, I want you to tell me because I want to repent. I want you to believe that your dad is a faithful man."

ACTION POINT:
Are you a man of your word? If not, start fresh today and make a commitment that you will stand behind your word.


Happy Father's Day

No comments:

Post a Comment