Sunday, February 21, 2016

He Wants To Prove His Power In Your Life ~The Best Is Yet To Come

2 Corinthians 12:9 But He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of God may rest upon me.

Have you done all you can, taken all you can and feel as though this morning you just can’t do it any more? Are you struggling in relationships or maybe with an addiction, what is it this morning that is just more than you handle?

Stop trying to “handle” it or fix it and let go, give it totally to God. God’s grace is sufficient! That means it is sufficient for all you have done right or all you have done wrong! Stop trying to handle everything on your own and allow God’s grace to fill you with His peace, grace and understanding. It is our areas of greatest weakness that God loves to show His power in our lives. If we never needed Him, how would the world see Him work in our lives. If we were just self sufficient instead of “grace sufficient” why would we need Him?

God’s grace covers more than just our sins it covers our hurts and our abilities to handle horrifying situations that we may face. Have you ever watched as someone else goes through something just awful and you wonder how on earth they can get through and yet there seems to be a strength about them that is beyond comprehension “my power is made perfect in weakness”. You don’t understand their strength because God hasn’t given you the grace He is giving them for their situation! God’s grace covers us where we are and how we need it - it isn’t just a blanket covering that smothers us all whether we need it or not and we don’t all just get the same dose, based on our weight or something. I have watched as friends and loved ones on Facebook have lost loved ones or one couple’s young son was hit by a car and some have had children drift from God and some have faced divorce, some have struggled and have been hurting from the rejection of Christian friends or the church because they made a sinful choice and through it all I have seen how when each one has turned to God and gave their situation to Him how He has moved in their lives and circumstances. Has it made every day great and easy through their situation? No, but it is more bearable and there is a strength that fills you as you give it all to Him that is beyond understanding!

I don’t know what you are facing this morning, I know I have a few Giants of my own today, but I do know this: I woke up this morning with God saying over and over, “my Grace is Sufficient Janet”, and I need them to know this morning that I am waiting to prove my power in their lives this morning just as I will yours! Give it to Him, don’t spend one more day fretting over it, give Him your struggle and allow Him to give you the grace and power you need for it all today! God’s love for you is beyond anything you can comprehend and He cares about everything you are faced with, nothing is too big for Him!

I am praying we will all find peace and grace as we face today and the days to come! Draw from His strength today and take one day at a time as He fills you with His grace and power!

No comments:

Post a Comment