Friday, October 7, 2016

God’s Powerful Word

The word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword; it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit. Hebrews 4:12, niv

One of the primary reasons we need to be in a disciplined study of the Scriptures is so we can saturate ourselves in the truth. When we know the truth and we are presented with that which is false, we will instinctively recognize it. Measuring philosophies or theologies or opinions or sermons or books or doctrines or counsel by the Word of God is like exposing the crookedness of a stick by placing a straight stick beside it. The ultimate compliment an audience can pay me is to bring their Bibles and follow along as I speak so they can double-check what I say against what God says. I am authentic as a Bible teacher only in proportion to my faithfulness to God’s Word. 22

And in order to give God’s Word out so that others can hear His voice in their ears, I must--it’s not an option--I must read it, study it, understand it, and live by it. And when I do, His Word makes a lasting impact and bears eternal fruit, because it’s powerful.

My Heart’s Cry
(c)2004 Anne Graham Lotz. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment