Thursday, October 19, 2017

A Twelve-Year-Old, One-Eyed Dog

by Pastor Carter Conlon

Proverbs chapter 12 and verse 10 says this, “A righteous man regards the life of his animal, but the tender mercies of the wicked are cruel.”

I have a 12-year old, one-eyed dog called Rue. He’s getting shaky. He’s old, he’s frail, and he’s fearful when we go walking because his remaining vision is getting rather dim. You know, it just makes me love him all the more. He has no need to be afraid; my guiding hand, as we walk, will keep him safe. It reminds me of the care of Christ for you and I. Somedays, you and I too feel shaky, old, frail, and afraid, but the love of Christ towards us keeps us secure, and the tender strength of his hand promises to keep us safe, and guide us until we get home. It might be nice today to take a moment just to say thanks.

It’s time for you and I to pray!

No comments:

Post a Comment