Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Trust ... But How?

By Lara Sadowski
Monday, January 15, 2018
“Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord and whose trust is the Lord.” Jeremiah 17:7 NASB
I’ve been a Christian most of my life. But, sometimes, I have trouble trusting God. Can anyone else relate?
Unemployment has invaded this season of my life for the last nine months, and I must admit that I have been angry at God. Why won’t You provide a full-time position for me? What’s taking You so long? Maybe You need my help? (That one is my favorite.) These questions are but a few I have leveled at God lately.
You know what has bothered me the most through this time? I have witnessed people who have left jobs or who have gotten fired from jobs, and they immediately got another one. Practically no wait time.  Ugh! Really? What about me? Where is my blessing?
I have joined every employment website known to man and have applied for countless writing, administrative, paralegal positions. I have scoured the internet for job fairs.
I have read through numerous rejection emails, thanking me for applying while, at the same time, telling me they hired someone else. Sisters, I have been weary.
You know what Satan loves to do with God’s children? Feed lies into our hearts. I know I have allowed him to do that to me. How? I have felt like a failure due to my unemployment. We wear many hats as women, don’t we? Mother. Daughter. Friend. Volunteer. Employee. Employer.
And when we cannot successfully juggle all our titles, we sometimes feel like failures. I admit that I have believed that lie about myself. Thankfully, The Lord stepped in and introduced me to a beautiful Scripture on which I have been marinating for many months now.
Here it is, friends:
“Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord
And whose trust is the Lord.
For he will be like a tree planted by the water,
That extends its roots by a stream
And will not fear when the heat comes;
But its leaves will be green,
And it will not be anxious in a year of drought
Nor cease to yield fruit.” -Jeremiah 17:7-8 NASB
God tells all of us through the prophet Jeremiah that when we trust the Lord and trust IN the Lord, we will not fear when hard times come calling. Anxiety will cease. We will bear fruit.
WOW! Sisters, I needed to be reminded of this in this season of my life. What great news!
Even though I am still not employed full-time outside of my home, God has been working mightily in my heart. He has given me wonderful ideas for home-based businesses. Old clients have contacted me to write a blog post or a press release for them. And, I get to write encouraging devotionals! ☺
Thanks to the fact I have more flexibility in my schedule, I have been able to help and “hang out” with my super-awesome retired parents as well as have coffee with people who need a listening ear. What blessings!
If I had a full-time job outside the home now, I would not be able to experience those times as easily as I can now.
How about you, friends? Are you having trouble trusting God with your circumstances, no matter what they might be? He is the God who provides. He can be trusted. Lay your hearts out to Him. He is always there for you and loves you with an everlasting love.
Pick out a favorite verse on trusting God and memorize it. Put it on post-its around your house and download it into your heart. God’s Word will give you instant peace no matter what your circumstances.
Dear Lord, Thank You for never leaving us nor forsaking us. When times get rough, we admit sometimes it can be hard to trust that You are there. Please speak to our hearts and beckon us to You. Help us to never forget that You love us with an everlasting love. Thank you so much for that! We love you dearly ... In Jesus’ Name, Amen.
(c) 2018 by Lara Sadowski.  All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment