Sunday, March 25, 2012

Happy Sunday

Sudden Storms

"He alone is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will never be shaken." Psalm 62:2, NIV

Here in Scotland we’re famous for many things. One is the amazingly dramatic weather changes we can experience in a short space of time. There have been many times when I’ve set off from home in t-shirt and sunglasses for a quick shopping trip, only to have the heavens open and rain thunder down on me, soaking me right through. But if I take my water-proof jacket with me, when the weather turns, I’m ready and prepared. Walking in the rain still isn’t necessarily pleasant, but it isn’t so terrible either.

And that’s how life is. Life can throw things at us so suddenly that it shakes us up. It may be a traumatic event, a harsh word, a shocking discovery, an accident or any number of things that you just can’t see coming. It shakes your security. It changes the direction of your life in a day, (or even a single moment).

Just as I need to have my protective coat with me at all times (even when I think I don’t need to), we need to be in the protection of God at all times. We need to know that whatever turmoil may come our way, He is there to give us protection, security and peace. As the rain washes over my protective jacket, so can the turmoil that rages around us, when we’re steady on our Rock.

This doesn’t make us immune to bad things happening to us; just as wearing a coat doesn’t make the rain stop falling. It may not be an enjoyable experience, but we can work through the turmoil knowing that God will keep us safe to the end.

So let’s set our foot on the Rock of our Salvation and enjoy the security and protection of knowing, whatever happens, He will always protect us - as long as we allow Him to.

Prayer: Father God, You’re the rock of my salvation and my protection in times of trial and trouble. I ask You to help me live my life under Your protection, (even when I think I am safe). In Jesus’ Name, Amen.
Today's Writer : Lindsey Hanekom 


Daily Smile:
At New York's Kennedy airport today an individual was arrested, and later determined to be a public school teacher, trying to board a flight while in possession of a ruler, a protractor, a slide rule, and a calculator.

Home Land Security believes the man is a member of the notorious Al-gebra movement. The man was being charged with carrying weapons of math instruction. "Al-gebra is a very fearsome movement, indeed", the Home Land Security reported. "They desire average solutions by means and extremes, and sometimes go off on a tangents in a search of absolute value.

"They consist of shadowy figures, with names like "x" and "y", and, although they are frequently referred to as "unknowns", we know they really belong to a common denominator and are part of the axis of medieval with coordinates in every country. "As the great Greek philanderer Isosceles used to say, there are three sides to every triangle."

The Office of Homeland Security commented, "If God had wanted us to have better weapons of math instruction, he would have given us more fingers and toes."

No comments:

Post a Comment