Monday, December 2, 2013

Happy Monday

YIELD THE RIGHT OF WAY 
 
DANIEL 3:28B, ROMANS 6:13,16,19; 12:1
       Several avenues in our city have signs located at their intersections which read: 'YIELD THE RIGHT OF WAY.' This means that we must slow down as we approach the intersection, and give the cars which are coming at right angles to us first place. Failure to observe this command may bring tragic results!

     This is God's demand upon every individual whom He has been pleased to save. It is plainly this: 'YIELD YOURSELVES UNTO GOD......PRESENT YOUR BODIES....... UNTO GOD.' What does this involve? Simply this: because God has graciously saved me through the death and resurrection of His beloved Son, and because by His Spirit He has brought me into an eternal union with Christ, and because I am no more my own, I repudiate all known sins in my life and deny the right to old self to be king any longer within me, and I yield my entire self with my body and its several members unto this loving Father as a 'living sacrifice.' This is a definite, once-for-all transaction, as the tense of the words 'yield' and 'present' indicate. Just as I definitely received Christ into my life as Savior and Lord once for all, so I am now just as definitely to yield or present myself to God for His own use and glory.

     Suppose I were to give you a check from our checkbook, and then tell you, 'Just fill in any amount you wish; I have signed my name already to it!' Knowing that I had informed you that I had unlimited financial resources, you would be free to write in any amount you felt you needed.

     Likewise intelligently and lovingly turn your entire being and life over to the God who loves you far more than you'll ever understand, and say, 'Lord, here I am; body, soul, and spirit; mind, emotions, will; eyes, ears, lips, hands, and feet; weaknesses, frailties, habits, sins, problems, circumstances, finances; take me just as I am; do what You will both in me and through me; and cause me ever to cleave with purpose of heart unto you until either death or 'the catching away'!'

And God will never turn down an offer like that! Do it meaningfully today!

Grace, Peace and Love,
Pastor P. Hume

No comments:

Post a Comment