Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Merry CHRISTmas

A PURR-FECT WILL
Galatians 4:1-7
Last year a 94-year-old woman died in Rome and left her fortune to her four-year-old cat, a former stray. The woman didn't have children or heirs, and she became so attached to her cat that she left it an inheritance of $13 million.


That's a ridiculous story, but here's a similar story that's not ridiculous at all. There was once a man who left the wealth of the ages to His sheep. He said, "I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly. I am the good shepherd" (John 10:10-11).


All our inheritance was released upon the death of Jesus Christ. Because He died, we have an abundant provision of everything we need. We are heirs of God and joint heirs of Christ, and He has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ according to the riches of His grace (Ephesians 1:3, 7).

Dr. David Jeremiah


A Christmas Prayer

For Those Who Have Suffered the Recent Death of a Loved One

God of compassion, there is such a hole in my heart! Today should be a day of joy, but I feel only emptiness and loss. While the world celebrates around me, I remember Christmas celebrations of the past, and I long to have my loved one with me. I bring my sorrows to you, Lord, like some odd gift of the magi - and dump them at your feet. In my blind tear's I wonder if anyone can possibly understand the depth of my sadness.

I know, you can. You sent your son to be with us in our deepest Sorrows, and I know that even though I might not feel it now, you are here with me, grieving with me, caring for me in my sadness.

Dearest lord, help me to turn to the one I miss so much today and speak. Help me heal the loss of our parting, and help me not to regret the things I didn't say. Sorrow tears at my heart, but today I ask that my loss soften my heart and make me more compassionate with everyone I meet, so that my loss may become a gift to others.

Amen


Smile:
On Christmas afternoon, the Pastor's wife dropped into an easy chair saying, "Boy!  Am I ever tried." 

Her husband (the Pastor) looked over at her & said, "I had to conduct two special services last night, three today, & give a total of five sermons.  Why are you so tired?" 

"Dearest," she replied, "I had to listen to all of them." 



Merry CHRISTmas Everyone

No comments:

Post a Comment