Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Happy Late Wednesday - Happy Thursday

I thought I did, but tonight I found out I didn't... I might have too many irons in the fire... 
Have a Blessed Day,
Richard

Come Just As You Are!
 
"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls." - Matthew 11:28-29  

Today's passage in Esther is a study in contrasts.  And it all centers around a contrast in kingdoms. The Scriptures go to great lengths to describe the riches of the king's palace at Shushan.  There were hangings of white, green, and blue fastened to silver rings with cords of fine linen and purple.  The beds were of gold and silver on a pavement of red, blue, white, and black marble.  It must have been something!  But one day, every child of God will see something that will make the palace at Shushan look like a doghouse.  We have no concept of what the glories of heaven will be like except that they will be beyond our wildest imaginings.
 
The second contrast emerges when Mordecai challenged Queen Esther to approach the king.  Everyone knew the dangers involved.  If she came to the inner court without being called by the king,--  she could be put to death if the king did not hold out his golden scepter.
 
What a contrast to the King of kings, whose word is, "Call unto me and I will answer thee. " What a contrast to the urging of Scripture to come boldly to the throne of God, where we can find mercy and grace.





We can see it in the life of Jesus as well.  He was the most inclusive person who ever lived.  He welcomed people others turned away -- little children, lepers, tax collectors, sinners, -- anyone who came to Him in simple faith and need.  And today, without special invitation, the Lord of glory is waiting to reveal more and more of Himself to you and me in His Word.  Thank you, Lord Jesus!

Prayer


"Lord, I am awed that Jesus died for me so that I could be Your child and have access before Your throne.  Amen.
"

God wants us to come into His
throne room unbidden, to "interrupt" Him with our prayers. 













No comments:

Post a Comment