Sunday, January 19, 2014

Happy Sunday


Look for Divine Interruptions

 One of the most favorite churches in America to preached in was the Canton Baptist Church in Canton Ohio. Dr. Harold Henninger, the most gracious pastor you could ever meet was the pastor. At one time, I believe it was the largest independent Baptist Church in America. Dr. Henninger was in the hospital when he heard about the football "hall of fame." The Lord put in his heart to start the Christian hall of fame. I think it has well over 100 pastors with life size paintings of Godly pastors in it. I had the joy of preaching there a number of Sundays. One Saturday I got out to the airport and stopped to get a newspaper. As usual I gave the lady a gospel tract. On my back home, When I got to the gate I found the flight was cancelled. I was terribly disappointed. Then I went back and there was no one at the news stand except the lady I gave the tract to. With plenty of time, I shared the gospel with her. Her heart was well prepared and she prayed from her heart to receive the Lord Jesus as her personal Savior and was glorious saved. I got her name and address and sent it to Dr. Henniger to follow up. One of his ladies went to see her. She had been to the Canton Baptist Church before. She confessed Christ publicly and joined the church and became a faithful Christian at the Canton Baptist Church. Romans 8:28 is so wonderfully true. I could have been upset at my flight being cancelled and missed leading this lady to Christ. God is so good. The harvest is plenteous. I do hope you are "fishing for men and women. It is so much joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment