Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Carrying Our Own Burdens

Devotions taken from the messages of Adrian Rogers.
BIBLE MEDITATION:
“Cast thy burden upon the Lord, and He shall sustain thee.”
Psalm 55:22


DEVOTIONAL THOUGHT:
A man was carrying a heavy load of grain down a country road. Another man in a wagon being pulled by a horse saw the man walking and said to him, “Mister, you need a ride?” And so the man got in the wagon. But he kept the load of grain on his shoulder. 


The wagon driver said, “Man, put that down and relax!” 

The rider said, “Oh no. It’s enough for you to carry me without having you carry this too.”

Have you ever done that to the Lord? You say, “Lord, I’ll let You save me, but I’ll carry my own burdens.” How foolish we are to do this with the God who hung the stars and planets.

ACTION POINT:
If you can trust God to save you from hell, don’t you think you can cast your burden upon the Lord right now?


No comments:

Post a Comment