Saturday, August 16, 2014

Closer Still

by Berni Dymet
Eph. 1:17 I pray that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give you a spirit of wisdom and revelation as you come to know him...

I was chatting with a couple of friends recently. And one of them, Tony, shared this with us. He said - "You know, every time I think that I'm as close to God as I can be, He takes me deeper - to a new level."

"I'm going through a tough time at the moment - and I realised I was praying about my finances and all the things that were stressing me out. And yet in the middle of it all, what I felt was Him tugging at my heart, drawing me closer to Him."
"And the closer He drew me, the more wisdom I had to deal with the issues. The closer He drew me, the more peace I had and the more joy I had."

"And there -right there in the middle of this mess, I discovered that God wanted to take me to a new level - not higher up.  Bit deeper.  Deeper in Him."
"I didn't realise that that's what I needed. But it's exactly, exactly what I needed."

I don't know - maybe Tony's onto something…

No comments:

Post a Comment