Thursday, March 29, 2018

This Changes Everything


Acts 12:11
"And when Peter had come to himself, he said, "Now I know for certain that the Lord has sent His angel, and has delivered me from the hand of Herod and from all the expectation of the Jewish people."
NKJV

Today, we rejoice in the most incredible event in the history of mankind. We celebrate the death, burial and the resurrection of Jesus Christ. Yet, how many of us stop and consider the wonder of what really happened? Often, we find ourselves caught up in the planning and celebration of this extraordinary event, never giving thought to the significance this has for us. Let me encourage you to take a few minutes to reflect on the impact of Jesus' victory. Take some time with your spouse, family or friends and read the story in Matthew 27 and 28. Reflect on what this means to you. For me, it means that I can be forgiven, death has been conquered and the guilt of my sins can be washed away. This event not only changed human history, it changed my history. Jesus is alive. His tomb is empty... this changes everything.
Life Lesson: We should live our lives in amazement at what the Lord has done.
Dear Lord,
Thank You for conquering death, sin and the grave. Help me to stop and consider what You have done for me. Lord, I often go through my life without pausing to reflect on the most important things. Help me to take the time to consider what happened. Lord, please forgive me afresh for all of my sins. Help me to live for You and to love others. In Jesus' name, Amen.
Living to tell what He died to say,
Pastor David McGee

Cross the Bridge
crossthebridge.com

No comments:

Post a Comment