Monday, March 26, 2018

THORNS OF AFFLICTION


Once I heard a song of sweetness,
As it cleft the morning air,
Sounding in its best completeness
Like a tender pleading prayer,
And I sought to find the singer
Whence the wondrous song was born,
And I found a bird sore wounded
Pinioned by an ugly thorn,
I have seen a soul of sadness,
While its wings with pain were furled,
Giving hope, and cheer, and gladness,
That should bless the weeping world,
And I knew that life of sweetness.
Was of pain and sorrow borne,
And a stricken soul was singing,
With its heart against a thorn,
Ye are told of One who loves you,
Of a Savior crucified,
Ye are told of nails that pinioned,
And a spear that pierced His side,
Ye are told of cruel scourging,
Of a Savior bearing scorn,
And He died for your salvation.
With His brow against the thorn,
Ye are not above the Master,
Will you breathe a sweet refrain!
Then His grace will be sufficient,
When your heart is pierced with pain,
Will you live to bless his loved ones,
Though your life be bruised and torn,
Like a bird that sang so sweetly,
With it's heart against a thorn.
 
Author Unknown
Matthew  21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment