Monday, February 20, 2012

Happy Monday

“Seek peace, and pursue it.” 
Go after it with a passion. It really is that important. There is turmoil everywhere today. In my 89 years I have never seen the lack of peace as it is today. There is turmoil and terror permeating the world. The tragedy is the world says “peace when there is no peace” Jeremiah 6:14. What tears me up is the lost, unsaved individuals talk about peace and do not have an ounce of peace with God. It all begins with God.
God gives the peace which passes all understanding and misunderstanding as well. Oh how sweet it is. I went through the sudden death of my Mother and Father. It was my great joy of leading each of them to Christ very late in life. They ran from God. Dad accepted Christ just months before the dear Lord called him home. Then because Dad had so many unsaved friends, I insisted on preaching his funeral. What a thrill it was. Close to forty, mostly men, accepted Christ at his funeral. I just now got covered with goose bumps thinking about it. To me I say, what a way to live as a Christian and pass on to glory and meet Jesus. My dear wife went through 2 years in and out of the hospital and was finally sent home and went to heaven that very night. My daughter slept with her that night, woke me up early the next morning and said, “Dad, Mom is not breathing.” I went in and sure enough she was not. I kissed her on the forehead and it was the sweetest kiss in the world. Shortly a dear friend called and I told him she was now in heaven. He graciously tried to comfort me and said, “Well she is walking on streets of gold.” My reply was, “Oh no, she just saw Jesus.” Well glory, that is what heaven is really all about. “When he shall appear, we shall be like him, for we shall see Him as He is” 1 John 3:2.
“Great peace have they that love Thy law (the Bible) and nothing shall offend them” Psalm 119:165.  “I have esteemed the words of His mouth more than my necessary food” Job 23:12.  You and I MUST feed on the Word of God every day.  Read three chapters ever day, beginning in the Gospel of John, and keep going through the Bible.  Let’s do it, shall we? I have learned we all stub our toe and miss a day.  So you too are human, get up and start again.
Daily Smile:
One who runs in front of the car gets tired. One who runs behind gets exhausted.

Editor's Note:
     This is my Fun Week... All my daily work rituals combine with the finalization of advertisers and writers for the paper layout of the March '12 edition of StarLight News... You can read it on the Internet and probably before it is even printed by going to http://the-starlight-news.blogspot.com/ hopefully on Thursday, Feb. 23... Happy Reading,
Richard

No comments:

Post a Comment