Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Happy Wednesday

Unfettered Hope
I will bless the Lord who has given me counsel; yes, my heart instructs me in the night seasons. I have set the Lord continually before me;  because He is at my right hand, I shall not be moved. Therefore my heart is glad and my glory (inner self) rejoices; my body too shall rest and confidently dwell in safety and hope. Psalm 16:7-9
Dearest Friends,

As you wake up and face a new day, how much hope do you feel?

If any of you spend a lot of time watching the news, my guess is that your hope meter runs lower because of it. And if any of you are focusing on and worry about your finances, or your personal problems and feeling consumed by them, my guess is your hope is draining away.

How can hope be restored? Absolutely!

There are many ways. But the most important? Is to recognize God is in control. We focus on everything but that. We focus on our leaders expecting them to "fix" everything. We focus on our friends and family to help "fix" us when we are down. And we allow money to bring us a false sense of security. Sometimes spending it when we don't have it to feel better because life is so hard.

It is no wonder with this false sense of what we can be secure in, we often feel let down and disappointed and lose hope! We are looking at things and people who cannot live up to the demand of restoring our hope. It isn't their job!

My dear friends, what we put into our spirit is what helps it thrive or become ill.

We must find hope in God's word every day. It restores our soul. I find the Psalms to be a great source of hope and restoration to me. David was man acquainted with mistakes, flaws and failures, heartache and grief. He disobeyed God many times, yet God says David was a man after his own heart. Why? Because David always repented and sought God. He sought Him when he knew he was doing wrong, He sought God morning and night, and he sought God when he knew he was right before God. David had a heart seeking God!

David sought hope and restoration through God everyday!

David wrote this:
The Lord is my shepherd(to feed, guide and shield me);I shall not lack.
He makes me lie down in
(fresh, tender) green pastures;
He leads me beside the still and restful waters.
He refreshes and restores my life --
my self; He leads me in the paths of righteousness

(uprightness and right standing with Him -- not for
my earning it, but)
for His names sake.Psalm 23:1-3
Are you feeling restored?
Do you feel rested as if you laid in a bed of soft meadow grass, comforted by the presence of God? Do you feel right before God?

These things are vital. You cannot do without them and expect to have inner peace if you cannot cry out to God in all situations and rely on, cling to, trust in, find hope in, and stand strong in God and his precious promises and powerful abilities, far beyond our thinking or imagination.
Now unto Him Who is ABLE to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us. Ephesians 3:20
Who is that power within us? God! This power works in us according to our level of surrender to Him. He is the only one that can bring the restorative hope you need to face the day with courage and a rested heart.

But you have to spend time with Him.
Hope deferred (put off) makes the heart sick, but when the desire is fulfilled, it is a tree of life. Whoever despises the Word of God brings destruction upon himself, but He who reverently fears and respects the commandments of God shall be rewarded. Proverbs 13:12-13
We can count on God. Everyone else comes and goes from our life. No one is on this earth that will not let us down, and we will let people down. But Jesus never fails.

Hope looks forward with constant expectation. Despair robs hope from our very soul.Time away from God uninterrupted, breaks that stream of hope we all so desperately need.

Choose hope! Abide in God
Remember
Only one life, will soon be past,
Only what is done, for Christ will last.
The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Spirit be with you all. Amen. (2 Corinthians 13:14)
Love & Prayers,                                         
Michael Jeremiah Knight.
"By the grace of God I am what I am…." 1 Cor 15:10.

Daily Smile:
Only If You Truly Know My JESUS, 
Can You Truly Smile Today...

No comments:

Post a Comment