Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Happy Wednesday

IF HOME IS WHERE YOUR HEART IS
(By list member Debbie Preuss, December 18, 2005)
 
If home is where your heart is, then heaven is my home
For one I loved is gone, I'm left here all alone
Memories flood my mind, now Christmas time is here
I'm longing for my loved one, I want to hold them near
How can life go on, when there's a void within my soul
An emptiness that feels, like I'll never be made whole
I know they're up in heaven, we'll meet again one day
But I am so lonely, ever since they went away
There will be no tears in heaven, but my heart weeps here
How I miss my precious one, to me you were so dear
God reached down and called you home, now you're gone from me
I look forward to the day, when we're together for eternity
Enjoy your first Christmas in heaven, sing God's praises strong
For it won't be too long now, until I come along
But I have work here to do, as I sing God's praise
You are in my heart, all throughout my days
My time is not yet finished here, so I carry on
Memories flood my mind and heart, as for you I long
Dear Lord this request I make, as to You I pray
Be my source of hope and strength, each and every day
For one I loved has gone, I'm left here all alone
If home is where your heart is, then heaven is my home 


Daily Smile:
 A kindergarten teacher was observing her classroom of children while they were drawing. She would occasionally walk around to see each child's work. As she got to one little girl who was working diligently, she asked what the drawing was.

The girl replied, "I'm drawing God."

The teacher paused and said, "But no one knows what God looks like."

Without missing a beat, or looking up from her drawing, the girl replied, "They will in a minute."

No comments:

Post a Comment