Sunday, May 6, 2012

Happy Sunday

A Jewish Father's Concern

A Jewish father was concerned about his son who was about a year away from his Bar Mitzvah but was sorely lacking in his knowledge of the Jewish faith. To remedy this he sent his son to Israel to experience his heritage.

A year later the young man returned home. "Father, thank you for sending me to the land of our Fathers," the son said. "It was wonderful and enlightening, however, I must confess that while in Israel I converted to Christianity."

"Oy vey," replied the father, "what have I done." So in the tradition of the patriarchs, he went to his best friend and sought his advice and solace. "It is amazing that you should come to me," stated his friend. "I too sent my son to Israel and he returned a Christian."

So in the tradition of the patriarchs, they went to the Rabbi. "It is amazing that you should come to me," stated the Rabbi, "I too sent my son to Israel and he returned a Christian. What is happening to our sons? Brothers, we must take this to the Lord," said the Rabbi. They fell to their knees and began to wail and pour out their hearts to the Almighty.

As they prayed the clouds above opened and a Mighty Voice stated "Amazing that you should come to Me. I, too, sent My Son to Israel....."


I hate to disappoint you!


"Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen." Hebrews 11:1.


Are you one of those folks that have said at different times in your life-
  "You know, if I could just see a sign; if I could just see a miracle, I'd believe in God. I'd get my life straight."

I hate to disappoint you!

But that's just not true.

Look at all those plagues in Egypt.

How did Pharaoh and the Egyptians respond?
Their hearts just got harder.

And look at what happened with the miracles of Jesus.

People witnessed Him raise a man from the dead and all they could think about was how to get rid of Him.

Most didn't change.

Their hearts just got harder and harder.

Throughout history, people's hearts haven't changed because they saw or experienced a miracle.

Miracles simply reveal if a person is hard-hearted toward God or if they have any inkling of faith.

Are you waiting for some sign or miracle to appear to give you the "proof" you're looking for to believe in God?


Remember-

"Faith is the assurance of things hoped for."


The evidence for God's existence is everywhere.

What you have to decide is if you'll be open-minded enough to see it, see Him, then change your mind and believe.


Daily Smile:
Cooking Eggs 
A wife was making a breakfast of fried eggs for her husband. Suddenly her husband burst into the kitchen.

"Careful ... CAREFUL! Put in some more butter! Oh no, no, no - you're cooking too many at once. TOO MANY! Turn them! TURN THEM NOW! We need more butter. WHERE are we going to get MORE BUTTER? They're going to STICK! Careful ... CAREFUL! I said be CAREFUL! You NEVER listen to me when you're cooking! Never! Turn them! Hurry up! Are you CRAZY? Have you LOST your mind? Don't forget to salt them. You know you always forget to salt them. Use the salt. USE THE SALT! THE SALT!"

The wife stared at him. "What in the world is wrong with you? You think I don't know how to fry a couple of eggs?" 
 The husband calmly replied, "I just wanted to show you what it feels like when I'm driving with you in the car."





 Read more of The StarLight News on line at
Happy Reading

No comments:

Post a Comment