Saturday, May 26, 2012

Memorial Day Weekend - Happy Saturday

This One Thing I Do

To this end I labor, struggling with all His energy, which so powerfully works in me. - Colossians 1:29

The apostle Paul is remembered for many things: He was a great Bible teacher, a brilliant theologian, and a church planter par excellence. But all these things were an outgrowth of the primary focus of his life:

"We proclaim [Christ], admonishing and teaching everyone with all wisdom, so that we may present everyone perfect in Christ. To this end I labor, struggling with all his energy, which so powerfully works in me" (Colossians 1:28-29).

When we observe the life of Paul, we don't see a man who meandered through life saying, "These forty things I dabble at." Instead, we see a man of focus who said, "This one thing I do."

We never see Paul losing his passion and excitement for his goal.

Notice how he speaks of his work of bringing people to Christ and building them up in the faith. The word he uses for labor is kopiao, which means to work until you are ready to drop. Then he uses the word agonizomai, which means to strive, to struggle, to agonize. But he speaks of doing the work through God's energy.

Christian, what about you? Does the prospect of walking with Christ and serving Him start your day with excitement and anticipation?

You don't have to be an evangelist or a missionary. All it takes is a clear focus on the person of Jesus Christ and what He has called you to do in your family, your job, your life.

Why not give yourself to the task of winning people to Christ and helping them grow to their full maturity in Christ.

Lord, may my walk be consistent through Your energy and power. Amen.

The focus of your life determines how you go through each day.


Daily Smile:


Editor's Note: As I work, I tend to whistle... Just one hymn can get me through hours of work, and sometimes the entire day... This morning is no exception as I "Go, Tell It On The Mountain"...

Whistling Hymn Of The Moment:
Go, Tell It On The Mountain
Over silent flocks by night,
Behold throughout the heavens,
There shone a holy light:
Go, Tell It On The Mountain,
Over the hills and everywhere;
Go, Tell It On The Mountain
That Jesus Christ is born.

The shepherds feared and trembled
When lo! above the earth
Rang out the angel chorus
That hailed our Saviour's birth:
Go, Tell It On The Mountain,
Over the hills and everywhere;
Go, Tell It On The Mountain
That Jesus Christ is born.

Down in a lowly manger
Our humble Christ was born
And God send us salvation,
That blessed Christmas morn:
Go, Tell It On The Mountain,
Over the hills and everywhere;
Go, Tell It On The Mountain
That Jesus Christ is born.

When I am a seeker,
I seek both night and day;
I seek the Lord to help me,
And He shows me the way:
Go, Tell It On The Mountain,
Over the hills and everywhere;
Go, Tell It On The Mountain
That Jesus Christ is born.

He made me a watchman
Upon the city wall,
And if I am a Christian,
I am the least of all.
Go, Tell It On The Mountain,
Over the hills and everywhere;
Go, Tell It On The Mountain
That Jesus Christ is born.


Spread The Word!!!


The June '12 Edition of The StarLight News can be read on line at 
http://the-starlight-news.blogspot.com/... 

Happy Reading and 
Have a Safe & Enjoyable Memorial Day Weekend...




"Spreading GOD'S WORD, One Paper At A Time"

No comments:

Post a Comment