Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Happy Tuesday

Nagging causes damage in your relationships                                      
         
           “...a nagging wife annoys like a constant dripping.” — Proverbs 19:13 (NLT)

 
           I got up at the usual time. My husband Jeff, had gotten out of bed bright and early that day.
 
           My first stop was the kitchen. I noticed a bottle of dish soap on the countertop. The different color and shape of the bottle signaled to me that it wasn’t my usual brand. As I turned on the faucet, my eyes stayed glued to the bottle as I read the label. When I realized the soap contained an added fragrance, it was taboo as far as I was concerned. I was afraid I might be sensitive to the ingredient.
 
          Jeff must have placed it there earlier that morning to use with something he was doing. I found myself getting agitated over the thought of this container of soap. Just at that time Jeff walked in the back door and entered the kitchen.
 
         “Would you please get rid of this soap!” I blurted out of my mouth with a snap.
 
            Jeff quickly grabbed the soap and removed it from where I was standing. Re- entering the room he looked at me and said, “Good morning!”
 
            Being relieved, I smiled and graciously responded, “Good morning,” in return.
 
            He looked at me with a grin and said, “No, I mean, good morning should have been your first response to me.” Even though he was only joking, I knew he was right. I was so concerned about the soap, I hadn’t considered his feelings at all.
 
            I knew that Jeff was sensitive to my concern and didn’t mind removing the soap. I didn’t have to nag at him. I apologized, and we both laughed about it.
 
            As I sat eating my breakfast, I pondered over the Biblical Proverb of the nagging wife. When we nag, it’s like the constant dripping of a water faucet. As the water drips through the faucet, given enough  time it corrodes away a spot in the sink’s porcelain enamel, and causes great damage or a permanent stain.
 
             Although nagging isn’t part of my usual nature, I can see how allowing this ungodly behavior to get out of  control at a spouse, co-worker, or other, could wreak havoc and leave lasting damage in even the best of relationships.
 
         Learning to be conscious to stop the habit of nagging can help us live our lives to the fullest as we nurture our relationships. 
 
Annettee Budzban is a newspaper religion columnist, and author. Her articles and devotions have also been in many publications such as Guideposts Angels on Earth, Insight, Standard, Family Circle,Chicken Soup for the Recovering Soul Daily Inspirations and more. He latest book Inspirations to Restore Your Soul can be ordered through bookstores. You can e-mail her at ahrtwrites2u@aol.com

Daily Smile:
Three absent minded writers were busy discussing a writing project on the platform, while waiting for the train. The announcement was made, and the train finally arrived. There was complete panic among eagerly waiting passengers as the train made its way to the platform. Passengers rushed inside the train, and the train left. However, one of the writers was not able to catch the train in the confusion.

A passerby who saw all this came up to the writer and told him not to worry and catch the next available train. The writer replied, “I am not worried for myself, but the real problem is that I was the one who was suppose to catch the train, and the two of them who went on the train, actually came to see me off”.


No comments:

Post a Comment