Sunday, March 16, 2014

David, adulterer, "A man after God's own heart" WHY

David, adulterer, "A man after God's own heart" WHY

"There is none righteous, no not one" Rom 3:10. No one is perfect, he knew it and God knows it and so do we. If being perfect is a qualification for being used, we are all sunk.
Psalm 51 gives the answers.

He did not play the blame game, "For I acknowledge my transgressions" Ps 51:3. Remember Adam? He tried to lay the blame on Eve. "The woman whom thou gavest to be with me, she gave me of the tree and I did eat" Gen. 3:12.. Then Eve blamed the serpent, "The serpent beguiled  me and I did eat" 3:13. The all American game today is the blame game. STOP IT. "Judge yourself"  1 C or 11:31 "For if we would judge ourselves, we should not be judged" "Confess that sin" 1 John 1:9 and "forsake it" Pro 28:13. Jesus said to the woman taken in adultery and to you and me, "go and sin no more" don't do it again John 8:11.

You can be a man after God's own heart today. 


Follow David's example.  You can still be used of God as David and Peter, who denied the Lord, was used on the day of Pentecost.

Father, bless Your dear child who has stumbled and feels they cannot be used by You. Restore them and use them. In Jesus name.


Have a Blessed Sunday,
Richard

No comments:

Post a Comment