Monday, March 17, 2014

Monday's Thought for Today

"Have some of your carefully created castles been washed away? Mine have. Several times along my life's journey, I had nowhere to turn except into my heavenly Father's arms. There I remained quiet, soaking up his love for as long as I needed. Then I saw his hand begin a new creation for my life, a new direction, a new service for him and his kingdom. Waves need not always destroy. We must allow our heavenly Father to use them to redirect our lives." - Jean Otto

Your Beloved?

by Henry Mahan

Every soul has a beloved; something or someone in which to glory, rejoice, and enjoy.

With some it is THE WORLD.
(its vanity, materialism, and honors) .

With others it is THE FLESH.
They live to entertain the flesh, to satisfy the flesh, and to pamper the flesh.

With others it is THE FAMILY.
Close and distant relatives, family trees, family reunions make up their past, present, and future.

With others it is RELIGION and works of righteousness.
Their religion is not a PERSON; it is a CAUSE to which they are devoted in hope of a suitable reward.

And with some it is SELF,
pure and simple; what can we do for me?

To a believer, it is CHRIST!
He worships, loves, rejoices, and glories in the Lord Jesus above all things.

Christ is my Beloved and I am His.

Christ; His fellowship, His love, and His approval, are preferred above people, possessions, pleasures, or pursuits. Could One so illustrious and supreme deserve any less?

"Whom have I in heaven but You? And there is none upon earth that I desire beside You!" {Psalm 73:25}

No comments:

Post a Comment