Monday, November 17, 2014

Completing the Work in You


When my spirit grows faint within me, it is you who watch over my way. . . . I cry to you, Lord; I say, “You are my refuge, my portion in the land of the living.” - (Psalm 142:3,5, NIV)
Are you afraid of an uncertain future right now? Are you discouraged, feeling like you have failed in various areas of your life? If you have invited Jesus to be your Savior and Lord, then He is with you. And He will complete the work He has begun in your life. The Bible says, “And I am certain that God, who began the good work within you, will continue his work until it is finally finished on the day when Christ Jesus returns” - (Philippians 1:6 NLT).

There are many reasons I’m glad that I am not God, one of them being that I’m the kind of person who starts projects and forgets them. I will be cleaning my desk and almost have it finished when I say, “I’ll do this a little bit later. I want to do something else right now.”

Aren’t you glad that God isn’t that way? He would be working with me, suddenly lose interest, and say, “I’m just a little tired of Greg. I think I’ll move on to someone else. I don’t feel like finishing Greg right now. Maybe I’ll come back later.” How terrible that would be if He left me hanging.

But He won’t. God will complete the work He has begun in our lives. He will complete the work of making us more and more like Jesus. It isn’t over, even if you have failed, even if you’ve made a mistake. You can still learn from that mistake and, with God’s supernatural help, get out of the situation you’re in and move on. Even if you’re in the hospital. Even if you’re in prison. God knows where you are at this very moment, and He knows what you are experiencing. He is saying to you, “Be of good courage” because He is with you. He knows there is a brighter tomorrow for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment