Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Your Desires

Mark 11:24 "Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them."
 
A saved person’s “desire” has been changed. Usually an unsaved person’s desire is selfish and concerns things. The saved person’s desire is selfless and concerns souls and obedience toward their LORD Jesus.
 
A few people misunderstand this verse when they say that all we need to do is believe and pray, then, God will give us anything we want.
 
 That is NOT what this verse means.
 
There is a big difference between frivolous things I want, and, my fervent desires. I really do want a new handicap van, but, one of my desires is to see all my children and grand children saved. 
 
Our greatest desire should be to please our Saviour. I have found that, when I obey and try to please Jesus, He then, will certainly take care of me! A disciple ask an Official who should we obey, GOD or man. 
 
Some folks don’t know the answer. Do you?    
 
God Bless;
Walter D. Hill D. Min.

No comments:

Post a Comment