Friday, April 7, 2017

Heritage

Psalm 127:3 Lo, children are an heritage of the Lord: and the fruit of the womb is his reward.
I have three children, two boys and a girl. Trying to raise them often made me wonder, “ What kind of heritage and reward do I have here”? It takes so much money to provide for them! They often try your patients until you are on your last nerve! Makes you wonder, “Why me Lord”?
 
Please understand, I do love my three children and six grandchildren. I now know I'm a better person because of them. I learned to get by with what I have. I also learned to be calm in the mist of a storm!
 
We often think a “heritage” as some good thing we get after another person dies. We also often think a “reward” is a good thing we get after working hard.
 
Now, for the rest of the story!
A heritage can be things, but, it can also be memories others have of you! We know our children look some what like us. They often talk and act like us. They come to believe in things much as we do. That is the heritage of the Lord. What will our children say about our living for the Lord and trying to serve our Savour? Will they be able to say, ” My parents were good and honest toward everyone?” OR, will they hang their head in shame?
 
A reward can be good or bad. We can be rewarded for our good works and service. We can also be rewarded with punishment for our evil doings.

What kind of heritage and reward of the Lord will you receive?

 
God Bless;

Walter D. Hill D. Min.

No comments:

Post a Comment