Friday, May 5, 2017

ANCHORED ON THE ROCK!

Psalm 94:22
“But the Lord has been my defense, and my God the rock of my refuge.”


 

It was 50 years ago when a violent wind storm struck the 921st ACW Radar Site near St. Anthony, Newfoundland, Canada. The site was located on a hill above the small village of St. Anthony. It was beautiful to look out over the Atlantic Ocean and view small inlets and bays below us. But the location made us vulnerable to winds.
 
The storm began to build in the early morning hours. I was roused from sleep by something striking the windows of my quarters. As I opened the blinds I discovered that it was roofing material being blown off.
 
Our buildings had been constructed over granite rock formations. The builders had drilled deep holes into the rocks and inserted steel rods. These were securely attached to the buildings and hallways to keep us from being blown away. They worked and I am alive to attest to the fact.
 
We need to have the Rock of our salvation as a secure anchor in the storms of life. The winds of adversity may shriek and howl around us, but when we have sunk our “spiritual rods" into Christ Jesus, we do not need to fear the storms. We must insure that we are anchored on the Rock!

  
Blessings dear hearts. Draw near to God today, trust Him completely and be a blessing!
- - - Pastor Cecil

No comments:

Post a Comment