Monday, May 1, 2017

Afraid of the dark?

"For You light my lamp; the Lord my God illumines my darkness." Psalm 18:28.

Why are children afraid of the dark? 


Maybe it’s a fear of-
- being left alone, 
- a feeling of separation, 
- their vivid imagination, or 
- shadows in the dark.

The fact is, children fear the dark for many of the same reasons adults do. 

It seems many fears intensify in the night-
- especially sleepless nights. 

But I have good news: 
God is with us wherever we go.

Listen to a portion of Psalm 139: 

“Where can I go from your Spirit? 
Where can I flee from your presence? 
If I go up to the Heavens, you are there; if I make my bed in the depths, you are there. 
If I rise on the wings of the dawn, 
if I settle on the far side of the sea, 
even there your hand will guide me, your right hand will hold me fast.”

Like a loving Father-
God offers us a hand to hold in life’s darkest hours. 

He’ll carry us through the darkness-
- and lead us where we need to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment