Thursday, May 4, 2017

JUST FOR AWHILE!

James 5:7
“Therefore be patient, brethren, until the coming of the Lord. See how the farmer waits for the precious fruit of the earth, waiting patiently for it until it receives the early and latter rain.”


 

When we experience the death of a loved one, our hearts will surely feel the crush of separation. We may even find ourselves starting to speak to that precious one that has always been beside us  ... only to suddenly remember they are no longer here.

 

It has been almost two years since my precious wife Joyce went to be with the Lord. I have had the opportunity of dealing with the loss and applying God’s design for these times of loss. Back in 1991 when we lost our oldest daughter Brenda, we had each other. Now, even though I have my son and daughter living nearby, I face the times of loss alone.
 
I would like to share with you an illustration that has been an encouragement to me. When I was serving in the U.S. Air Force I was stationed on a remote assignment in Newfoundland and had to leave my family for one year. Our military troops still face that type of separation. As I bid a tearful farewell to my family, I was sustained by the reality that I would return and be with them again.
 
In like manner, I know I will see my wife, daughter, and all of my loved ones who have gone to be with the Lord. Through the tears of loss I am lifted by the hope that when I see them again there will be no more parting. Our separation is just for a little while!

 
Blessings dear hearts. Draw near to God today, trust Him completely and be a blessing!
- - - Pastor Cecil

No comments:

Post a Comment