INTRODUCTIONThe Lord permits no rivals. In Isaiah 43:11, He said, “I, even I, am the LORD; and beside me there is no saviour.” Yet, there is a battle on the horizon that will bring all matters to a head. The Antichrist will sit in the temple of God claiming to be God (2 Thessalonians 2:4). He will torture the people of God (the Jews) and blaspheme the name of God. He will set up his image and demand that the people worship him (Revelation 13:14-15). This peak of idolatry and blasphemy will lead to the culmination of God’s jealousy when He returns to judge the world (Revelation chapter 19).
- (For children): There is no one like God (Isaiah 40:18, 25; Isaiah 45:18). When He returns, He will take vengeance on the lost (2 Thessalonians 1:7-9). Fortunately, before that event, the saved will be with God (Romans 5:9; 1 Thessalonians 4:14-17; 1 Thessalonians 5:9-11).
- (For everyone): The saved will return with Christ when He comes to judge the world (see Revelation 19:11-14). How important is it to be on the right side when Christ returns in His glory?
- Write down some of the events that will take place in the tribulation period. How will those things add up to stir the Lord’s jealousy beyond any past time and event?
- Thank God if you know that you will not be on the receiving end of His wrath.
- Ask the Lord to help you win your lost loved ones.