INTRODUCTIONThe world contains far too many wicked people possessing no concern for God, the Bible, and eternity. Sometimes those who know the Lord as Saviour lose hope concerning others coming to a saving knowledge of Christ. Bible-believing Christians must always keep in mind that as long as a man remains breathing there is hope for his redemption. Isaiah told the Lord, “For the grave cannot praise thee, death can not celebrate thee: they that go down into the pit cannot hope for thy truth” (Isaiah 38:18). Once death occurs, all hope ceases. The individual’s destination and/or his reward are settled. Yet, up until that point in time, there is hope for salvation, hope for growth, and hope for spiritual change.
- (For children): In 1 Corinthians 6:9-10, Paul tells us what will happen to the unrighteous and names some of their wicked deeds. 1 Corinthians 6:11 should give us hope to keep praying for lost loved ones.
- (For everyone): Are you continually battling with a specific sin? Have you given up hope that you will ever get victory over that sin? How should Ecclesiastes 9:4 be an encouragement to you?
- Do you have loved ones that you have prayed for without seeing any indication that they want to know the Lord? Have you given up hope or are you still praying?
- Pray again for those with whom you had given up hope.
- Thank God for another day of hope.