Tuesday, June 5, 2018

Remarkable



by Max Lucado


Every day I have the honor of sitting down with a book that contains the words of the One who created me. Every day I have the opportunity to let him give me a thought or two on how to live.

If I don’t do what he says, he doesn’t burn the book or cancel my subscription. If I disagree with what he says, lightning doesn’t split my swivel chair or an angel doesn’t mark my name off the holy list. If I don’t understand what he says, he doesn’t call me a dummy.

In fact, he calls me “Son,” and on a different page explains what I don’t understand.

Remarkable.

At the end of the day when I walk through the house, I step into the bedrooms of three little girls. And one by one, I bend over and kiss the foreheads of the angels God has loaned me. Then I stand in the doorway and wonder why in the world he would entrust a stumbling, fumbling fellow like me with the task of loving and leading such treasures.

Remarkable.

Then I go and crawl into bed with a woman far wiser than I ... a woman who deserves a man much better looking than I ... but a woman who would argue that fact and tell me from the bottom of her heart that I’m the best thing to come down her pike.

After I think about the wife I have, and when I think that I get to be with her for a lifetime, I shake my head and thank the God of grace for grace and think, Remarkable.

I’m learning not to take these everyday miracles for granted.
I’m discovering many things: traffic jams eventually clear up, sunsets are for free, Little League is a work of art, and most planes take off and arrive on time. I’m learning that most folks are good folks who are just as timid as I am about starting a conversation.

I’m meeting people who love their country and their God and their church and would die for any of the three.

I’m learning that if I look ... if I open my eyes and observe ... there are many reasons to take off my hat, look at the Source of it all, and just say thanks.
From In the Eye of the Storm Copyright 1991, Max Lucado

Selfishly Using the Pastor 

Selfishly Using the Pastor 

Today's Bible Verse...

Thoughts on Today's Verse...

God is a God of renewal and blessing. His desire to renew and bless us is not just a desire to bless us once with our salvation. God desires to bless us daily. His steadfast love is new every morning as he faithfully pours out his blessings (cf. Lam. 3:23). But more than just giving us what we want, he satisfies us with good things. He brings us what we need and what truly fills our emptiness.

My Prayer...

Abba Father, Almighty God, I praise you for your power, majesty, glory, faithfulness, mercy, wisdom, and grace. Thank you for blessing me with your salvation, the gift of your Holy Spirit, the blessings of your church family, the promise of a home with you, and for the daily assurance of your renewing presence. In Jesus' name. Amen.
The Thoughts and Prayer on Today's Verse are written by Phil Ware.

  Have A Blessed Day...


Please share this link with your friends
and Help The StarLight News 
Spread  The Good News...

No comments:

Post a Comment