Monday, November 7, 2011

Happy Monday

Braids    

Thessalonians 5:23b

When I was a child my mom braided my hair in two pigtails every day, all summer long. They kept my hair in place, alleviating strands of hair flying hither an you.                                  

Webster’s dictionary defines a braid as an interweaving of three strands.  People are made of three strands to their being. There is the body, spirit and soul.  They are interwoven and intermingled just as tightly as we choose them to be. We need to tend to each of these areas diligently, for balance is the KEY for all that God has planned for us.  We must attempt to be healthy in body, spirit and soul .It is a goal worth striving for. In the Bible, in the book of Thessalonians (5:23 b) Paul admonishes those believers to keep their spirit, soul and body strong and blameless. He is emphasizing that these three are integral parts of each person, and must be under the leadership of the Lord.

The next time you braid you daughter or granddaughters’ hair, or see a little girl in the mall or skipping down the street with braids or pig tails, remember God wants you to try to keep the three areas of your life in balance - that is His plan.

Marion Smith


Daily Smile:
UNCOMFORTABLE DENTIST
    
In the courtroom where I worked as a court reporter, a dentist was called as a witness. He took the oath a few feet from my desk, and I noticed his arm was trembling, apparently from nervousness.
     After he finished, I couldn't resist saying softly, "Sit down, doctor. This won't hurt a bit."

No comments:

Post a Comment